Cold sesame noodles are perfect for hot summer days. This is a great 30 minute meal that is refreshing and filling.
- 1/2 package of soba noodles (you can substitute for any kind of noodles)
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 2-3 tbsp of peanut butter
- 2 tbsp of light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar (optional)
- 2 tsp of toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp of sambal oelek chili garlic sauce (or any hot sauce)
- 1 tbsp of toasted sesame seeds
- Half a cucumber (julienne)
- 1 stalk green onion (julienne)
- Bring half a pot of water to a rolling boil and cook noodles according to packaged instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- While the noodles are cooking, using a small saucepan, heat the chicken broth (you can substitute with water) on low heat and stir in peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, hot sauce, and sugar until it’s in a slightly thick consistency. Set aside to cool.
- While everything is cooling, cut up the cucumbers and green onion into thin strips.
- Assemble noodles on plate and drizzle peanut sauce on top. Sprinkle noodles with sesame seeds and top with cucumbers and green onions. Enjoy!