Need a simple and delicious appetizer? Try making baked brie with mushrooms, onions, and thyme. I made it for Thanksgiving two years ago, and I got a special request to make it again this year. It’s absolutely delicious and great for any kind of party or gathering!
- One package of brie cheese (preferably in wooden box)
- 1/4 cup chopped mushrooms (can use any kind you like)
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup of diced onions
- 1 tbsp of butter
- Pre-heat conventional oven to 325 degrees.
- With a sharp knife, cut of the rind on the top of the cheese. Place cheese back into the wooden box without the lid and paper. Wrap foil around the bottom while folding the sides leaving the top exposed.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet. Sauté onions, mushrooms, and thyme for 5 minutes or until onions turn brownish.
- Pour the mushroom mixture on top of the brie and place the cheese into the oven for 15 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately while cheese is warm.
- Spread melted cheese on slices of toasted french bread. Enjoy!